Kyiv is a place where the rhythm of history meets a modern urban vibe! Ukrainian capital is a modern city, home to hundreds of successful startups, cultural events and cool venues to meet your every need!
Kyiv is the capital of Ukraine and one of the oldest cities in Europe, founded at least 1,500 years ago. The modern European city is able to surprise everyone – from lovers of natural beauty, architecture and attractions to those who prefer a more intense and active recreation.
Kyiv is built on the slopes of the picturesque Dnipro River, which gives the opportunity to admire the unique panoramas of the metropolis. Along with many modern skyscrapers, shopping and entertainment and business centers are interesting historic buildings, monuments of art and architecture, quiet narrow streets with their history and unique charm. There is a large number of green squares, parks, fountains, museums, universities, temples, theaters, cafes, restaurants and clubs for every taste.
Like every capital, Kyiv lives a rich and tumultuous life – it develops, is reconstructed, becomes better, but one thing remains the same – the desire to explore this city and discover it from another side every time.
Top-5 things to do on in Kyiv:
- Explore modern culture as well as the vibrant nightlife scene in the Podil district or on Reytarska Street
- Visit the National Art Museum of Ukraine and explore its unique collection of Ukrainian avant-garde
- Try Ukrainian borscht or Chicken Kyiv in one of the many high-quality Ukrainian restaurants in the city centre of Kyiv
- Take a guided walking tour around the city centre and behold the many examples of famous Soviet modernist architecture
- Take a river cruise to the Kyiv Sea which is an artificial water reservoir, to the north of Kyiv