1. UASR Summer Camp
The Summer Camp will be held on July and last for ten days. The participants will be free from tuition and accommodation fee.
Also you can ask coordinator of the project, Ms. Zhang Xiaojing – firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Scholarship offer
Xi’an Jiaotong University offers Chinese government scholarship and also Xi’an Jiaotong University Scholarship for postgraduate studies in degree programmes.
For more details about scholarship coverage, eligibility, application documents, application procedures etc., please refer to the website: http://sie.xjtu.edu.cn/en/pages?cid=20&pid=5
Duration of Programme:
Master’s degree: 2-3 years,
Doctoral degree: 3-4 years.
Successful candidates may have one-year-long Chinese language study prior to the academic study if the teaching language is Chinese.
- A waiver of fee for tuition;
- Free on-campus dormitory accommodation;
- Monthly living allowance: Master’s degree students: CNY 3,000 yuan/month;
Doctoral degree students: CNY 3,500 yuan/month;
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with valid passports;
- Applicants must be in good health;
- Applicants for Master’s degree must have a Bachelor’s degree and be under 35 years of age,
Applicants for Doctoral degree must have a Master’s degree and be under 40 years of age;
- Applicants may not be in receipt of any other types of scholarship.
Specialties List is published via link.
Application Documents. All documentation must be complete, true and correct in either Chinese or English.
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in Chinese or English, downloaded after online application in CSC system).
- XJTU Application Form for International Students (automatically formed after online application in XJTU system).
- Photocopy of the Physical Examination Record for Foreigners should be completed in English (The original copy should be kept by the applicant). The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Physical Examination Record for Foreigners. The forms with incomplete records or without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicant are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
- Non-criminal Record.
- Notarized highest diploma (photocopy): Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations. Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school.
- Academic transcripts: Applicants should submit the original transcripts in undergraduate or graduate period. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal: Applicants must submit a written study plan or research proposal in English or Chinese, with a minimum of 800 words for Master degree and 1500 words for Doctoral degree.
- Notarized Copies of Research Achievements: Applicants can submit published research papers, award certificates or other documents to prove their achievement and ability in academic research if any.
- Certificate of English/Chinese Proficiency Level: HSK, TOEFL, IELTS, or GRE. (Applicants for Chinese-medium programme should have certificate for HSK 5 and above. Applicants for English-medium program should have certificate for IELTS 5.5 and above)
- Photocopy of Passport.
- Application fee: RMB800 (Only accept bank transfer to our account).
- No Application documents mentioned above will be returned whether the application is successful or not.
- Incomplete Applications will be rejected.
- Please Provide Documents 3-12 in scanned copy and upload to the online application system of XJTU.
- Online application, please go to: http://laihua.csc.edu.cn/
Code of Xi’an Jiaotong University: 10698.
- Submit the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship online and print it. Please check Application Documents for the detailed checklist and prepare corresponding documents.
- Register and online application in XJTU system: https://xjtu.17gz.org/member/login.do
- Pay the application fee and upload the bank remittance into XJTU online application system.
- Application complete.
Applicants for English-medium master programme will be automatically listed as applicants for University Scholarship once they failed in the Chinese Government Scholarship. Successful candidates will be provided with an admission notice, a JW201 form (Visa form), and Guide to the University form. These documents will be posted to the permanent postal address of the applicants before 31 July. Students are usually required to report at the Students’ Affairs office with their admission notice and other documents in September (the start of the new session). Failure to do so within two weeks of the start of the new term will result in the admission notice becoming invalid.