Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT) is a top university in science and technology in China. It has currently signed agreements on exchange programme with more than 200 universities worldwide. Now it offers a comprehensive course system in the areas of science and technology as well as management and humanities to degree-seeking students, exchange students and short-term students. BIT also established a complete and powerful scholarship system to support foreign students to study in the University.
Beijing Institute of Technology is offering two kinds of scholarship to National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”:
- 5 CSC (China Scholarship Council) Scholarship for students from your prestigious university to pursue Master or PhD degree programme at BIT.
- 5-10 BIT Exchange Scholarship for exchange students from your prestigious university to study in BIT for one or two semesters.
Overview of the CSC scholarship
This scholarship covers the tuition fee, the accommodation, the comprehensive medical insurance and the monthly living allowance (CNY 3000 for masters and CNY 3500 for PhDs). The international air fare is not covered.
The scholarship will be offered to the students during their stay at Beijing Institute of Technology for the period of the Master programmes (2 years) and PhD programmes (4 years).
If you have chosen a Master/PhD programme from our Admission Book, please check the contact information of BIT advisors at http://isc.bit.edu.cn/. To ensure your successful admission and future academic development at BIT, it is essential that you get recommended by some BIT advisor first and ask him or her to send you a signed BIT Advisor Recommendation Form to confirm the recommendation.
With regards to the English-taught programmes at BIT, if English is not the native language and the students are attending a school where English is not the language of instruction, the students must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System Academic (IELTS Academic). If such certificate is not available, the applicants need to take an online language test arranged by BIT to make sure he or she has the ability to finish the major studies conducted in English. For the application of the English-taught programme of MBA, you are also required to offer an official letter which says that you have already had at least one year’s working or internship experience.
Overview of the BIT Exchange Scholarship
The BIT Exchange Scholarship covers the tuition fee and accommodation on campus. The scholarship will be offered to the students during their stay in Beijing Institute of Technology for the period of the exchange programme.
Exchange students to BIT can study in the regular degree programmes conducted in English or Chinese, they are also welcomed to study in Chinese language study programmes.
BIT receives students from undergraduate, master and PhD level from the home university, except the first and second year undergraduate students. The exchange programme extends from one semester to two semesters in the academic programme or Chinese language programme. No tuition fee for the exchange students.
APPLICATION AND REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
For undergraduate programme applicant should be high school graduate, have efficient English or Chinese skills and be in age from 18 to 30. For graduate programme applicant should have a Bachelor Degree. A doctoral programme applicant should have a Master Degree in the same major or in the relative field of interest, have efficient English or Chinese skills and have recommendations from two professors. NOTE: If you are applying for admission under Chinese Government Scholarship, please apply online at CSC Online Application System. Please be known that the agency number of Beijing Institute of Technology is 10007.
- Application Form (Please register at http://apply.isc.bit.edu.cn);
- Photocopy of Passport (including the valid visa page if you are already in China);
- Statement of Purpose/Study Plan;
- Copy of diploma or certificate of the last school you have attended;
- Official copy of academic transcript of the last school you have attended;
*For PhD applicants, please prepare the copy of diploma and transcript of both Bachelor and Master Degree;
- HSK test results (Level 4) or English Language test results (TOEFL 80 or IELTS 5.5);
- Two recommendation letters (Only for Master and PhD applicants);
- Physical examination – FORM FOR PHYSICAL EXAMINATION REGISTRATION.
- Documents in language other than Chinese or English need to be translated into Chinese or English;
- Native English speakers or graduated from high school where English is an official teaching language are exempt from TOEFL or IELTS;
- CSC applicants please register at http://laihua.csc.edu.cn. Agency number of Beijing Institute of Technology is 10007.
After receiving the nomination letter from Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute, BIT will contact the applicants in person and inform them of the detailed application procedures.