The Program is addressed to young leaders with higher education who are interested in the development of democracy, economy and civil society in their countries and in the region. The Program is realized in the form of a two-semester project course with Polish universities and at leat 2-week professional internships with public or private institutions.
The candidates who are planning to return to their countries of origin after the scholarship program for the purpose of implementing the newly acquired knowledge therein are welcome to submit their applications.
Our Program’s philosophy is based on the mutual respect, regardless of the country of origin.
- Economics and management
- Administration / management (business, NGO, culture, environmental protection, health care, education)
- Public administration (government and local government)
- Social science (social psychology, sociology)
- Political science and international relations
- Development policy
Diploma thesis shall be of theoretical or practical character (in the latter case theoretical introduction will still be required).
In the 2017/2018 academic year the Kirkland Program is addressed to the following persons:
- experts, politicians, employees at government and local government institutions
- entrepreneurs and managers
- leaders of non-governmental organizations, cultural organizers and promoters of active citizenship
- academic teachers
- Citizenship and permanent residence in one of the targeted countries (holders of permanent residence card in Poland are ineligible)
- Master’s degree
- Up to 35 years of age (in special cases up to 40)
- Professional experience of at least 2 years
- Polish language proficiency adequate to effectively attend lectures and seminars as well as to prepare a diploma project. During the interview candidates are required to speak Polish at least at the B1 level.
- An option to study in English is possible for candidates only from outside Ukraine and Belarus (obligatory is B1 level of English) who select a specific study program with English as the language of instruction (in such cases, at least A1 level of Polish is required).
- Candidates actively working in their professional and social fields
- Candidates who have significant achievements
- Candidates who have not studied in Poland before
- Application form on-line
a) detailed personal questionnaire
b) proposed program of study in Poland explaining the purpose of participation in the Kirkland Program and including the future plans connected with its completion (not exceeding 4,000-6,000 characters with spaces)
2. Two letters of reference (inPolish, English or Russian), describing the achievements and qualifications of the candidate as well as the expectations connected with the candidate’s further development and work in her/his professional or social field – to be submitted by e-mail
3. Copy of Master’s degree diploma (or PhD diploma) – to be submitted by e-mail.