Scholarship for exchange students (Ruhr West University of Applied Sciences)

Scholarship for exchange students (only for non-ERASMUS countries)

Ruhr West University of Applied Sciences (HRW) also offers a scholarship for foreign exchange students from non-ERASMUS countries which amounts to € 1.250 that are provided by the German Federal Foreign Office via the DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) to us.  


The undergraduate students should, of course, fulfill the requirements for studying at our institution as an exchange student (as agreed upon in our cooperation agreement) and should show a specific interest in studying in Germany and at HRW. We would like to leave the selection of the candidate from your institution to you. We only ask you to check whether the student proves capable for an exchange semester in terms of academic requirements, language skills (English and/or German) and personality. The scholarship will be transferred to the German bank account of the student after arrival in Germany and enrollment as exchange student at HRW.

Please be aware that our selection of English-language modules mainly consists of courses in the field of Business Administration and language courses (English, German, Spanish etc.). This is further supported by courses in Engineering, but only in winter semesters. You can find an exemplary list of courses here:

Nomination deadline:
for the winter semester – April 12

Send the following documents ( – одним pdf-файлом:

  • Learning Agreement. If home university does not provide it, HRW will use its own form
  • Curriculum Vitae in English or German
  • Copy of passport (Pages with personal dates)
  • Transcript of Records (in English)
  • Copy of Student ID from home university
  • If student wants to study in German: Proof of German language skills (C1 minimum) either by standardized tests (e.g. TELC) or written statement of home university. Please note that Erasmus OLS results will not be accepted.
  • English Proficiency Certificate (IELTS, 6.5)
  • Proof of health insurance (s. below)*

*European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or forms E 128/E111 from home insurance company or Travel Health Insurance valid from date of entry to Germany until date of registration at HRW plus mandatory registration for public health insurance in Germany upon enrolment at HRW. Private insurance policies might be acceptable but need to be approved in Germany before enrolment.