National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute” was founded in 1898. Over the period of its existence it has trained 370.000 of specialists, 60 thousand of which during of the period of Ukrainian independence.
KPI ranks 4% of the best universities of the world according to the international rating QS and Webometrics. It annually holds the highest positions among the best higher educational establishments of Ukraine – “Compass” and “TOP-200 Ukraine”. According to Google Corporation, it is the most popular higher educational establishment of Ukraine during the last years.
Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute is one of the biggest educational establishments in Europe. It trains annually 25.000 of students, postgraduates, doctorates as well as foreign student from neighbouring and far abroad countries. University has 19 faculties, 9 educational and scientific institutes, several scientific and research institutes and educational centers. It trains Bachelors, Masters, PhD and Doctors of Science. It employs more than 500 professors and over 1300 associate professors.
All rooms and laboratories are equipped with modern facilities, new computer network educational technologies are being implemented to provide qualified education that meets requirements of the best foreign universities.
University campus buildings and Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute faculties as well as university hostels are scattered over the area of approximately 120 hectares – a real city inside the city. The university has its own Center of culture and art, modern sport complex, polyclinics, four sports and recreation bases by the Dnieper river, at Black Sea and in Carpathians. Its scientific and technical library is one of the best in the country.
New developments of Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute are awarded with State prize of Ukraine in the field of science and technology. Scientific park “Kyiv polytechnic” plays a significant role in the commercialization of scientific research results and technical developments of the university.
Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute cooperates with technical universities of dozens of world countries, a lot of international organizations (UNESСO, UNIDO, WIPO, NATO, EDNES, ICSU, CODATA etc) and the most leading corporations and firms (SIEMENS, FESTO, SAMSUNG, INTEL etc), takes part on international educational, scientific projects and programmes.
Those who are interested in history of science and technology are to visit State Polytechnic Museum of Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute – one of the biggest Ukrainian museums of technology and equipment, and the biggest university museum of Ukraine. To glorify renowned predecessors, there are monuments on campus dedicated to many famous graduates and scientists whose lifes were connected with KPI.
Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute has huge base of international contacts and actively participates in different academic mobility programmes. For now, Igor Sikorsky KPI holds one of the leading position in the ratings of Ukrainian universities with biggest number of academic mobility participants of EU programme “Erasmus+“. Our University has nearly 55 credit mobility projects with partner-universities within this programme. By the results of projects of 2015 and 2016, there are already more than 250 participants, including more than 120 sudents, 25 PhD students and more than 60 staff. 25 students, 2 PhDs and 10 staff realize their right on academic mobility within “Erasmus+” programme during the autumn semester of 2017/2018 academic year.
The list of educational institutes and faculties within Igor Sikorsky KPI:
- Institute of Telecommunication Systems (short form Eng – ITS, Ukr – ІТС)
Coordinator – Oleh Tsukanov; Director’s office address – building 30, room 314; Phone – 236-40-14.
- Institute for Applied System Analysis (short form Eng – IASA, Ukr – ІПСА)
Coordinator – Nataliia Kuznetsova; Director’s office address – building 35, room 311–6; Phone – 204-97-01.
- Institute of Physics and Technology (short form Eng – IPhT, Ukr – ФТІ)
Coordinator – Oleksiy Vasylenko; Director’s office address – building 1, room 308-6; Phone – 204-85-39.
- Institute of Energy Saving and Energy Management (short form Eng – IESEM , Ukr – ІЕЕ)
Coordinator – Yuliia Chernetska; Director’s office address – building 22, room 506; Phone – 204-93-75.
- Institute of Mechanical Engineering (short form Eng – IME, Ukr – ММІ)
Coordinator – Oleksandr Shevchenko; Director’s office address – building 1, room 217; Phone – 204-94-63.
- Institute of Publishing and Printing (short form Eng – IPP or PPI, Ukr – ВПІ)
Coordinator – Lina Shenderivska; Director’s office address – building 8, room 58; Phone – 204-84-25.
- Faculty of Applied Mathematics (short form Eng – FAM, Ukr – ФПМ)
Coordinator – Yevheniia Sulema; Dean’s office address – building 15, room 103; Phone – 204-96-95.
- Faculty of Informatics and Computer Science (short form Eng – FICS, Ukr – ФІОТ)
Coordinator – Tetyana Kovalyuk; Dean’s office address – building 18, room 316; Phone – 204-90-34.
- Faculty of Electronics (short form Eng – FE, Ukr – ФЕЛ)
Coordinator – Anton Popov; Dean’s office address – building 12, room 115; Phone – 204-80-56.
- Faculty of Radio Engineering (short form Eng – FRE, Ukr – РТФ)
Coordinator – Iryna Sushko; Dean’s office address – building 17, room 423; Phone – 204-92-93.
- Faculty of Heat and Power Engineering (short form Eng – FHPE, Ukr – ТЕФ)
Coordinator – Iryna Huseva; Dean’s office address – building 5, room 315; Phone – 204-80-98.
- Faculty of Electric Power Engineering and Automatics (short form Eng – FEPEA, Ukr – ФЕА)
Coordinator – Yuliia Peretiatko; Dean’s office address – building 20, room 238; Phone – 204-92-39.
- Faculty of Aircraft and Space Systems (short form Eng – FASS, Ukr – ФАКС)
Coordinator – Volodymyr Kryshtal; Dean’s office address – building 28, room 212; Phone – 204-96-66.
- Faculty of Instrumentation Engineering (short form Eng – FIE, Ukr – ПБФ)
Coordinator – Yuriy Kyrychuk; Dean’s office address – building 1, room 209; Phone – 204-96-17.
- Faculty of Welding (short form Eng – FW, Ukr – ЗФ)
Coordinator – Yevheniia Chvertko; Dean’s office address – building 23, room 220; Phone – 204-92-21.
- Faculty of Physical Engineering (short form Eng – FPhE, Ukr – ІФФ)
Coordinator – Oleksandr Dudka; Dean’s office address – building 9, room 216; Phone – 204-91-54.
- Faculty of Chemical Engineering (short form Eng – FChE, Ukr – ІХФ)
Coordinator – Yevheniy Cheryopkin; Dean’s office address – building 19, room 506; Phone – 204-94-09.
- Faculty of Chemical Technology (short form Eng – FChT, Ukr – ХТФ)
Coordinator – Tetyana Duda; Dean’s office address – building 4, room 230; Phone – 204-85-73.
- Faculty of Physics and Mathematics (short form Eng – FPhM, Ukr – ФМФ)
Coordinator – Olha Lebedeva; Dean’s office address – building 7, room 420; Phone – 204-82-51.
- Faculty of Biomedical Engineering (short form Eng – FBE, Ukr – ФБМІ)
Coordinator – Larysa Kalashnikova; Dean’s office address – 16/2 Yanhelya street, room 520; Phone – 204-96-83.
- Faculty of Biotechnology and Biotechnics (short form Eng – FBB, Ukr – ФБТ)
Coordinator – Nataliia Dekhtiarenko; Dean’s office address – building 4, room 170; Phone – 204-90-35.
- Faculty of Linguistics (short form Eng – FL, Ukr – ФЛ)
Coordinator – Olha Demydenko; Dean’s office address – building 7, room 622; Phone – 204-83-57.
- Faculty of Sociology and Law (short form Eng – FSL, Ukr – ФСП)
Coordinator – Anna Ishchenko; Dean’s office address – building 7, room 521; Phone – 204-90-20.
- Faculty of Management and Marketing (short form Eng – FMM, Ukr – ФММ)
Coordinator – Nadiia Konovalova; Dean’s office address – building 1, room 237; Phone – 204-98-67.