Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS 2017-2018
The new Call for Applications for studies starting from the Academic Year 2017-2018 is now available.
- Call for Applications 2017-2018: click here to download
- Annexes of the Call for Application
- Annex 1: List of eligible study programmes determined in the educational cooperation agreements in effect between Hungary and the specific Sending Partner – click here to download
- Annex 2: List of eligible Host Institutions, study programmes, institutional language criteria and institutional methods of examinations – Please note that this annex will be available from the end of January 2017. Until then, please see Annex 1 for the list of study programmes that can be expected to be available
- Annex 3: Statement for Application – click here to download
- The deadline for submitting the complete application package: 5st March 2017 (until 23:59 Central European Time)
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ONLINE APPLICATION SURFACE WILL OPEN IN THE END OF JANUARY 2017. ONCE IT IS OPENED, WE WILL INFORM THE APPLICANTS ABOUT IT HERE ON OUR WEBSITE. MEANWHILE, WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO START TO COLLECT AND PREPARE YOUR APPLICATION DOCUMENTS.
MISSION OF THE PROGRAMME
Hungary provides high quality education in the heart of Europe. Today, there is a growing demand of international students to study in Hungary. Besides the quality of education and degrees recognised throughout Europe and beyond, students are attracted by the affordable living costs with an extremely favourable cost-to-value ratio, a safe and friendly living environment with convenient public transportation, the central location of the country in Europe and the unspoiled natural beauties combined with a 2000 year-old, rich Hungarian history and several UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Hungary is also within the top countries with the highest number of scientific Nobel Prize Winners per capita, and a numerous scientific inventions from Vitamin C to Rubik’s cube and so on.
The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme was launched in 2013 by the Hungarian Government. The core mission of the programme is to increase the number of foreign students in Hungary and to encourage Hungarian higher education institutions to attract top foreign students.
The programme is based on bilateral educational cooperation agreements signed between the Ministries responsible for education in the sending countries/territories and Hungary or between institutions. Currently more than 50 Sending Partners are engaged in the programme throughout 4 different continents.
Thousands of students from all around the world apply for higher educational studies in Hungary each year. The number of Stipendium Hungaricum applicants is continuously increasing as well as the number of available scholarship places. In the academic year 2017/2018 approximately 4000 students can begin their studies in Hungary in the framework of the Stipendium Hungaricum Programme.
The Programme is managed by Tempus Public Foundation.